“The Zero Waste Fundamentals course exceeded my expectations. It provides learners with an extremely thorough, in-depth look at waste and ultimately makes you see how the Zero Waste movement is about much more than just waste. I took the course to supplement my education in Environmental Sustainability, but the course is extremely straightforward and can be taken by anyone with any level of knowledge regarding the environment. I recommend this course for anyone who is even remotely interested in human health, environmental health, social justice, community involvement, business, government/policy, and beyond.” – Emily B., MES Western University Student
Earn your Zero Waste Certificate today!
The ZWF program is designed for those who are looking for more information on Zero Waste and how to take it to the next level.
It aims to provide individuals with a solid foundation of Zero Waste practices, policies, values, and concepts.
After completion, you will be able to actively identify, support and advocate for Zero Waste. The ZWF program is the first step towards your Zero Waste journey and a great way to start building your career within the Zero Waste world.
- Self-run course: you can go through the program material at your own pace, based on your own schedule and learning process
- Mix of video classes, mini quizzes, exercises, and additional resources.
- 5 Sessions – Approx. 6 total hours of video classes
- Zero Waste Canada (ZWC) Official Certificate of completion
- Open to the general public, no requisites.
- Resource Package containing the slides, list references and key sources outlined throughout the course
- After completion, you will be eligible to move to the Zero Waste Associate Designation
Download the course handbook to check the course details such as curriculum, instructors, and certification.