“This course was an excellent introduction to Zero-Waste. It exposed, in depth, the many weaknesses of current waste management processes and showed how zero waste addresses all of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. It reinforced how the current view of ‘out of sight, out of mind’ is a damaging perspective, and as communities, we need to be aware of the issues faced once garbage and recycling is removed from our properties so we can work together towards a more sustainable world. This course is highly recommended.” – Claire Purvis, Sustainability Consultant
Earn your Zero Waste Certificate today!
The ZWF program is designed for those who are looking for more information on Zero Waste and how to take it to the next level.
It aims to provide individuals with a solid foundation of Zero Waste practices, policies, values, and concepts.
After completion, you will be able to actively identify, support and advocate for Zero Waste. The ZWF program is the first step towards your Zero Waste journey and a great way to start building your career within the Zero Waste world.
- Self-run course: you can go through the program material at your own pace, based on your own schedule and learning process
- Mix of video classes, mini quizzes, exercises, and additional resources.
- 5 Sessions – Approx. 6 total hours of video classes
- Zero Waste Canada (ZWC) Official Certificate of completion
- Open to the general public, no requisites.
- Resource Package containing the slides, list references and key sources outlined throughout the course
- After completion, you will be eligible to move to the Zero Waste Associate Designation
Download the course handbook to check the course details such as curriculum, instructors, and certification.